View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
closed topics? 
Guru

Post closed topics?
hello tfriez,

I have to make some friendly, polite and respectful comments:

closing topics, refusing to give an answer, instructing members to "be patient", and warning them if they just remind you, even if they had been waiting a couple of weeks (how long do you expect one to wait?) - this couldn't be the appropriate way to ease the situation. If you close a topic, there's no other way than to open a new one.

If you rather gave a quick direct answer to a direct question, this was the easiest way to avoid double postings or reminders.

and by the way:
there are many members reporting bugs in this forum (cable length of sensors, bluetooth problems, xp sp2/3 driver bugs), I really appreciate them asking their questions, and I really appreciate you giving an answer to them...

You should always do so.

Regards,

#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;task main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PutPixel(x,y);}}}while(1)}

Wed May 21, 2008 5:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's a significant difference between asking a question (Like the driver won't install in SP3) vs. a Bug report (Stucts generate an error when using them in an array)... so I think your definition of a "bug" is incorrect.

There's also a difference between answering a question (5-10 minutes) and fixing bugs (1-2 weeks, depending upon other issues/work loads and finding the issues)

I ask you to be more understanding and respectful of the developers and their time as there are only two people who work on ROBOTC (myself and Dick Swan), and it is not a full-time development project for either one of us as we have other responsibilities.

Thu May 22, 2008 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]