View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Complier Information 
Rookie

Post Complier Information
is there a way of getting complier information out of RobotC? by complier information i mean like how much resources will be used by the program

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:38 am
Expert

Post Re: Complier Information
locky wrote:
is there a way of getting complier information out of RobotC? by complier information i mean like how much resources will be used by the program

Having the source compiled you can switch to the "disassembly" view where you can see the bytecode dump together with the relative addresses --> last address is approximately size of the program.

Memory consumption of static variables can be estimated by yourself (e.g. an integer array with a size of of 20x100 occupies approx 4 kbyte). Temporary variable usage is insignificant, compared to program store and static variables.

Fri May 09, 2008 8:27 am
Creator
Creator

ROBOTC has quite a nice display of "Compile Statistics" that has been disabled for all but the internal debugging environment. I've just added a check box in the "Compiler" tab for "Preferences" that can be used to enable this display. It's about 10 to 15 lines of display that is added to the "Errors" window on every compile. It does include the number of variables allocated, total code space required, etc.

It's an option because very few users will be interested in this info.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:19 am
Rookie

thats great news dick :P . Question though is that in 1.40PC2 or in a later version as i can't seem to find any option in preferences and im running PC2

Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:20 am
Creator
Creator

It is in version 1.41 which has not yet been released. Should be available in next couple of weeks.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]