View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Yet another Bluetooth transfer issue 
Rookie

Post Yet another Bluetooth transfer issue
Hi all. After spending ALOT of time reading the forums, it seems as though no-one has received the advice I am looking to receive, but I hope someone will come to the rescue for this question.

I am currently undertaking a project which utilises 3 NXTs: 2 which map an area and 1 that moves to a specific point determined by the two "mappers". I am aware that it is possible to transfer data between two NXTs and have been assured that "RobotC provides extensive functions when it comes to bluetooth". However, using the files given as examples (particularly CHW's code post on March 12, and the sample files within RobotC - which don't seem to use any transferring features) I have come to a dead end.

Perhaps if I explain briefly what I am aiming for:

The two mappers are each assigned a wall in the test area which has been marked with a grid. They move up and down the wall until their sonar sensors detect an object in the grid, when they store the location in a file onboard. This will give a file on one with the X coordinate, and a file on the other with a Y coordinate. The third NXT receives the files (over bluetooth as I understand is possible) and reads the values, from which it deduces a heading whereby it can retrieve the object in the grid.

I apologise for the lengthy post, but I feel it is worth explaining it all at once. I am looking for any advice on bluetooth file transfer and am aware that many posters have looked for the same thing, however there must be a definitive answer on whether file transfer is as simple as RobotC leads us to believe. Any code snippets which work would be EXTREMELY greatfully received.

Thanks
ST

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]