View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Smaller font on the NXT 
Expert

Post Smaller font on the NXT
I was just wondering if there is a smaller font available for the NXT, because the standard one is a bit too big to display everything (nine lines) I want to show.

As far as I can tell, the letters in the font are 7 pixels high and 5 pixels wide right now, with an extra pixel added at the top or bottom and at the side for spacing, which adds up to the 8 high by 6 wide that's specified in documentation. But I've been looking around online, and I've seen examples of fonts that are only 5 pixels high and 3 wide, like the one below.

So does anyone know of smaller fonts?

Thanks

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Expert

Post Re: Smaller font on the NXT
I have two font packages that I use (I didn't make them, but I did modify them). One is 3x4 active area, and the other is 4x5 active area. I don't know if ROBOTC supports .ric fonts, but it's fairly easy to use them in NXC.

See this page for several examples, as well as several font packages. See this page for a tutorial for building your own, as well as an explanation of how it works (to a very small extent).

With 3x4 font, and 1 pixel white space between characters, you can have 25 characters per line, and 13 lines (which equals 325 chars). Default font is 16 chars per line, and 8 lines = 104.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Hi guys,

I created a small font for all Ascii characters and based on one pixels array (7 bytes per character) and a relative small code.
Compile the file MyFonts.c from source code available in my project Rainbot on Source Forge (follow the link in my signature)

It is easy to modify the array to generate your own font ;-)

Visit my project RainBot v0.11 on source forge, a 6 wheels robot featuring A* & Dijkstra's path finding, motors & sensors emulation, small font, fifo & sorted list libraries, using Xander's drivers for HT Compass, and documented with doxygen.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 am
Expert

Awesome!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]