View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RobotC Firmware and BT settings 

Post RobotC Firmware and BT settings
Hey there,

Does uploading the RobotC firmware necessitate the repairing of the NXT and the laptop it will be connecting with for new program uploads? The reason I ask is that it took me a dog's age to get it working with the standard firmware, so I am somewhat hesitant to break the pairing to go through all that trouble again :)

Thanks,
Xander

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, you'll probably have to re-established the connection because updating the NXT firmware will cause the NXT to forget what PC it is paired to.

You can set up the pairing directly through ROBOTC... but it depends upon how bluetooth is feeling at the moment if it works 100% of the time... I've found it's a little fickle.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, you'll probably have to re-established the connection because updating the NXT firmware will cause the NXT to forget what PC it is paired to.

You can set up the pairing directly through ROBOTC... but it depends upon how bluetooth is feeling at the moment if it works 100% of the time... I've found it's a little fickle.

Heh, "little fickle" arent the exact words that spring to my mind when I'm thinking BT and NXT. "Major P.I.T.A." comes closer :) Thanks for the heads up, though.

Regards,
Xander

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]