View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Lost file 
Rookie

Post Lost file
Hello, I have lost the robotc program from my computer , but I still have it on the nxt, I was also able to download the file but it is in .rxe format , I really need to see the program because it took me a very long time to write. Help!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Post Re: Lost file
Check the trash in your file explorer. Every time you compile a program, the previous version ends up there. There is no way to turn an rxe into a proper ROBOTC program.

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Post Re: Lost file
Yes, go to the desktop and open Recycle Bin, and see if it's in there. If not, try using a program like File Recovery (bottom of this page: http://www.softperfect.com/products/filerecovery/) to search your hard drive for deleted *.c files.

Note: If you need to use file recovery, take care not to write or download any files to the drive that contains the files that got deleted, or you may accidentally overwrite them. (Because windows doesn't actually eradicate files when you delete them; it just marks the space that the files occupied as 'free space' that can be used again)

For future data loss prevention, try getting a program like Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/) and keeping your C files in there, so that they automatically get backed up all the time you are connected to the internet.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]