View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Using two light sensors 
Rookie

Post Using two light sensors
I am very new to this...

I am trying to get my robot to line track using lightsensor 1 and then use lightsensor 2 to detect a second line, stop for 1 sec and then drive again. I thought this code would have that effect:

Code:
#pragma config(Sensor, S1,     lightSensor1,        sensorLightActive)
#pragma config(Sensor, S2,     lightSensor2,        sensorLightActive)
//*!!Code automatically generated by 'ROBOTC' configuration wizard               !!*//

task main()
{
   wait1Msec(50);                        // The program waits 50 milliseconds to initialize the light sensor.

while(SensorValue[lightSensor2] > 42)                           // Infinite loop
   {
      if(SensorValue[lightSensor1] < 43)  // If the Light Sensor reads a value less than 43:
      {
        motor[motorC] = 60;                  // Motor C is run at a 60 power level.
      motor[motorB] = 20;                  // Motor B is run at a 20 power level.
      }
      else                               // If the Light Sensor reads a value greater than or equal to 43:
      {
        motor[motorC] = 20;                  // Motor C is run at a 20 power level.
      motor[motorB] = 60;                  // Motor B is run at a 60 power level.
      }
   }

motor[motorC] = 0;
   motor[motorB] = 0;
   wait1Msec(1000);
   motor[motorC] = 50;
   motor[motorB] = 50;
}

When I run the code. The robot follows the line with lightsensor1 then when lightsensor2 detects the line, the robot stops, but it doesn't goes again.

Could you also help me with how to teach the robot to resume line tracking with lightsensor 1 after passing the line detected by lightsensor2?

Thank you!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 am

Post Re: Using two light sensors
The condition statement in the while loop is what determines when the come inside the curly braces will stop executing. Since you have that condition based on the second line sensor, when you detect that line with it, the line following code will stop. Perhaps the simplest thing to do would be to put the line following in a function, and arrange the code like this:
Code:
void followLine() {
    //line following code here
}
task main(){
  while(sensorvalue[lightsensor2] < 40){
    followLine();
  }
  while(something else){
    followLine();
  }
}