View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RobotC on Parallels problems 
Rookie

Post RobotC on Parallels problems
Hey all, I'm taking a computer science course right now in school, where we program NXT robots on RobotC. It is currently winter break, and we were allowed to sign out a robot over the break so we can get some programming done at home, which I am very eager to do. The problem, is that my family all use macs, however we have one computer that runs windows 7 in parallels, so I decided to give it a shot programming on that machine, however when I downloaded RobotC to the machine and tried to open it, I had to go through about 50 different error messages from robotC just to open the program, but it did open. then, I tried to activate a trial license I would go through the steps as instructed on the site, but the trial lisence would not show up no matter what I did. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know how I would fix it?

Much appreciated.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:02 pm
Rookie

Post Re: RobotC on Parallels problems
Mason wrote:
The problem, is that my family all use macs, however we have one computer that runs windows 7 in parallels, so I decided to give it a shot programming on that machine,

I'm not sure, but I've been running RobotC 2.26 and 3.0[1234] on my Macbook running Parallels6/XP for almost a year wth no problems.

I ended up getting a second bluetooth adapter that I use on virtual Windows, since my mouse is Bluetooth, which allows me to connect. However, it works find connecting with USB, Wireless, or bluetooth.

I'm not (yet) running Win7, but XP works great!

Nate

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 pm
Rookie

Post Re: RobotC on Parallels problems
Maybe the problem is with windows 7 then. Thanks for the info nate. Anyone running this on parallels windows 7?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]