View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Increasing the size of the "Constant Pool" 
Rookie

Post Increasing the size of the "Constant Pool"
I am using RobotC 4.27 (F/W: 10.27) Build Date: Oct 31 2014.
I am running into a limitation within my program in regards to the "Constant Pool". This is a section of the assembly that stores all of the constants used in a RobotC program. The contents of the Constant Pool can be viewed by pressing F9 after compiling the code. The "Disassembly" will be shown and the "Constant Pool" is located immediately following the "task main()" declaration. The "Disassembly" will also show a "Constants summary" at the end of the Constant Pool which will include the number of constants and the total size allocated.

The limitation I am running into is that I am running out of space in the "Constant Pool". The compiler is only allowing me to use 3.2Kb of space for these constants. If I exceed 3.2Kb of constants in my program then an error is flagged: "**Error**: Constant Pool overflow".

As soon as my program exceeds 3.2Kb in constants, the error is triggered. The program will still run. But any constants beyond the initial 3.2Kb are nullified (rendering them useless).

I can certainly re-write the program to use less (or shorter) constants. However, if there is a simple way to increase the size of the Constant Pool through a menu option or something, it would be very helpful. Thanks.

p.s., I am using mostly string constants to display messages to the debugWriteStream.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]