View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Unable to connect to NXT brick using Bluetooth 
Rookie

Post Unable to connect to NXT brick using Bluetooth
Hi,

I have an interesting problem, with one specific computer (an inspiron 2200 laptop) I am unable to connect to the nxt brick via bluetooth. I can connect to it through usb just fine.
I am using the bluetooth dongle from the FTC kit, and it does recognise the nxt and communicates with it. I am able to create links with a passkey, without a passkey etc, however i am unable to connect from the mindstorms software with bluetooth.
When i click refresh lists, the nxt brick shows up, whether i have created a link through the windows driver or not, however it will not show up if i have created a passkey through the windows driver... When i click select via bluetooth, or select, the nxt brick shows up and asks for a password. Naturally, i havent enabled a password so i clear the pw on the brick and hit the orange button... which promptly returns an error message on the laptop. whether i do this quickly, slowly, 5, 15, 30 second search time, it always returns the same error message... immediately after i push the orange nxt button.

Strange thing is, we've had the brick working off another laptop, and off my main desktop with no problems. However, it is rather impractical to bring the desktop with me, and i no longer have the other laptop for programming now... Using robotc 1.46

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:53 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Unable to connect to NXT brick using Bluetooth
Hydravien,

For what it's worth : I had also problems with BT connectivity on my new laptop HP ( polling the brick was not working) . I used version 1.46 --> downgraded to 1.45 and same problem. Downgraded to 1.40 and than ok !
Maybe it's worth a try

Kind Regards

Johan

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]