View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Bluetooth 
Rookie

Post Bluetooth
Hi ! :)

Could somebody tell me, how to use BT functions in RobotC - I mean, how to connect with my PC, and for example: send some file from NXT to my PC or something like that?
(I will be gratful if sb will wrote sample source code)

Secound problem: Did somebody wrote program to sends commands via BT to NXT with RobotC firmware from yours PC to NXT ?

... witch models of BT Hardware are working correctly with RobotC Program - I mean, I want to send compiled program to my NXT via BT ?

Thats all for now !:)
Thanks for respond !:)

Astral

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:41 pm
Rookie

Post Bluetooth
Connecting with bluetooth through robotc is very frustrating, there are some bugs to be worked out. I use an anycom and a belkin adapter . I can connect 100% of the time using the Microsoft drivers and add bluetooth device through the control panel, but if you connect through robotc and the robot goes to sleep you may jump off a bridge before getting the connection to work again. I set sleep time to 30 minutes to avoid the problem.

To communicate via bluetooth you go to NXT Brick, Link Setup, check the search bluetooth box, wait, and then if your brick is powered on, it should show up in the list as BTH: Robot Name:hexadecimal numbers. Select it and it will establish the connection, if you are lucky. It will ask you to push the orange button on the NXT when prompted.

Once you get it to communicate, go through the preferences in advanced mode and tell robotc to try to use the last connection. Also under NXT Brick, Link Setup, uncheck the search bluetooth after you have established the link once, so that you save time establishing a connection.

I have had frustrating problems where RobotC asks to push the orange button to set the passkey, then I push the orange button, and robotc complains that no NXT bricks could be found that very instance. Other thimes the new firmware is flaky and the brick thinks its name is NXT when I turn it on so I power it off and on again and it then remebers its name.

Good Luck
Bill

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Creator
Creator

There are some underlying problems in the firmware within the Bluetooth chip used by the NXT. This firmware is supplied by the Bluetooth chip provider and cannot be modified. This does cause connection problems. These problems are common to all NXT programming environments that want to communicate via Bluetooth.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]