View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Tranfering a file from NXT brick to PC via bluetooth 
Rookie

Post Tranfering a file from NXT brick to PC via bluetooth
Hi,

Does anyone know how to transfer a file from the NXT brick to the PC using RobotC? I know how to transfer files using RobotC's file management tool. But, I was wondering if there exists any function in RobotC that would push a file from NXT brick to the PC.

Thanks,

Arindam

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm
Expert

Post Re: Tranfering a file from NXT brick to PC via bluetooth
Hi,

The NXT doesn't support the push object service. That means that there is no easy way.

However, it is possible to send or reveive data (including files) over the serial port. But if you want to do this outside the robotC environment you'll have to write your own program.

Aswin

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

My goal is to design a robot that would keep polling the environment. And then send the sensor data back to PC. The PC would use that data for input of some kind of algorithm (e.g. Genetic Algorithm) and send the output back to the NXT brick using Bluetooth communication.

Thanks!

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 am
Expert

Hi Arindam,

I'm doing a simular thing. I want to use my PC to build some kind of image of the environment based on sensor values.

For this I have just developed a .NET class. This class gives me 10 BT mailboxes on the PC, just like the mailboxes the NXT has. The class allows me to transfer data from NXT to PC and back PC to the NXT. The code is especially written to be used together with robotC. So it is full duplex and performs quite well. I didn't implement any other direct commands, like file transfers and such. I'm not sure if I am going to do this as there is other simular software (Mindsqualls) that does this quite well. (I did make a joystick control together with this class, it makes it possible to use a joystick outside the robotC IDE.)

If you are developing in VB.NET or C# you can use this class. But hen you must do the logging on the PC and send every observation from the NXT to the PC. On the other hand this might well be an advantage as you can process them real time. If you are interested feel free to contact me.

Aswin

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]