From FIRE Wiki
A team of robots must locate a number of items from a warehouse of material. A map of the warehouse and material retreival locations are available, but not specifics of materials at locations. Robots must retrieve their order.
- Build at least two robots with actuators.
- Robots should coordinate tasks in order.
- 2 or more Robot Contollers
- Actuators to retrieve objects.
This is a good lab to use two methods of task distribution
- Method 1: Each robot is given a ‘shopping list’. While looking for their own items, they can broadcast the location of other items they come across for other robots who may need that item.
- Method 2: Each robot checks against a master robot with a complete list for each item it inspects.