Multi-Robot Sending a Message
This multi-robot project demonstrates how to send a message from one NXT robot to another. The A NXT robot will send a message to the B NXT robot, then the B robot will display that message to its LCD screen.
Hardware and Software Required
- ROBOTC for Mindstorms 3.0 or later (ROBOTC.net)
- NXT Microcontroller Kit (LEGO Education) – 2
- NXTBee Adapter (Dexter Industries) – 2
The concepts outlined in this lesson are geared towards an intermediate user of ROBOTC and C Programming languages. Topics covered include:
- Transmitting and Receiving Data from an RS-485 Device (NXTBee)
- Using the NXT LCD screen
- Using External Libraries
- Students should be comfortable with all material covered in the Teaching ROBOTC for MINDSTORMS curriculum before jumping into any Multi-Robot communication lessons.
- An NXTBee radio should be connected to sensor port 4 of each robot. The radios on each robot should be paired so that there is communication.