Grid World Challenge
From FIRE Wiki
This multi-robot project is a "Second-Level" (Harder) Challenge that involves two robots communicating to successfully discover and "score" a ball into a goal. The educational objective is to teach the concept of "Heterogeneous Robots" - where each robot is not identical but rather specialized. This challenge uses two types of NXT Robots:
- Robot A: REM Model with Sonar and Light Sensors (plus Radio)
- Robot B: REM Model with Light Sensor and Claw Attachment (plus Radio)
The objective of the challenge is to have Robot A discover the location of the "Wall" and transmit that information to Robot B. Robot B will then navigate to the ball and use the light sensor to determine the color of the ball (either Red or Blue). Once Robot B has determined the color, it will transmit that information to Robot A. At this time, Robot A will drive towards the opposite goal while Robot B is "knocking" the ball into the same colored ball as the goal.
The dynamic objective of the challenge is that the user's program should be able to work no matter where the Wall/Ball is located on the grid. This requires a more complex program to allow the robot to know the distance traveled to be able to transmit useful data to the robot that cannot "see" the ball.
There are 4 main objectives to the challenge:
- Objective #1 – Robot A to Detect the Wall
- Robot A should detect the distance from the starting position to the wall and transmit this information to Robot B.
- Objective #2 – Robot B to Drive to the Ball
- Robot B should use the information from Robot A to drive up to where the ball is located.
- Objective #3 - Robot B to Analyze the Ball's Color
- Once Robot B has found the Ball, it should use the light sensor on the Claw attachment to determine the color.
- Objective #4 - Score and Defending The Goals
- Once Robot B knows the color, it should transmit this information to Robot A. Robot A should drive towards the opposing goal while Robot B is knocking or driving the ball into the same color goal.
(Watch on Youtube Directly for full HD Quality Video)
Robot A Source Code
Robot B Source Code