Archive for the ‘Webinar’ tag
This Wednesday, Tim Friez, ROBOTC Senior Software Engineer, will be joining FTC’s “Ask an Expert” webinar series to go over the basics of ROBOTC programming for FTC. This is a great opportunity to get an overview of the environment, learn from an expert and ask questions. The live webinar begins Wednesday, October 15 at 7:00 PM ET on YouTube! You can also find the video embedded below …
Did you know that you can sign up for the Robotics Summer of Learning anytime during the summer? All our live webinars are recorded, so you can easily sign up today and work at your own pace!
How do I join and get into the class?
Sign in or sign up for a new account at CS2N.org. Then visit http://cs2n.org/summer-of-learning and click on the VEX IQ robot. You’ll be taken to a new page where you will click “View” under “Summer of Learning 2014 – VEX IQ – Intro.” From there you will be in the official Summer of Learning course!
How much does this course and/or software cost?
Nothing at all! It is free until September 1, 2014.
What do I need to download?
ROBOTC and the VEX IQ Challenge Pack. You need to download both items. The License ID and Password is located in the CS2N Moodle Course. Use these to activate the license for the entire summer (through September 1st). Computer Minimum Requirements.
Where can I find the link for the live classes?
The link is at the top of the section for the topic of that class. For example, if the topic for the live class is turning, the link will be at the top of the basic movement section. This is also where you will find the recording after the live class has ended.
What is the class schedule?
The live class schedule is listed below, but remember that you can work throughout the summer at your own pace. All classes are recorded. Just keep in mind that if you work ahead, some items of the curriculum will not be released until later this summer.
Will I be able to use the ROBOTC Graphical with EV3 and/or NXT? And, will there be a RSOL class for that?
ROBOTC for LEGO MINDSTORMS is still in development, but it will be available later this summer. Once it is ready, there will be a Robotics Summer of Learning course specifically for it.
Live Webinar Course Schedule
- June 16: Introduction to Software, Setup, Forums and Procedures used in this course
- June 17: Intro to Expedition Atlantis and Moving Forward
- June 23: Turning and Intro to Ruins of Atlantis
- June 30: Forward until Touch and Forward until Near
- July 7th: Turn for Angle, Forward until Color, Intro to Palm Island
- July 14th: Loops and if/else
- July 21st: Repeated Decisions, Continuous Decisions, Intro to Operation Reset
- July 28th: Joystick and Button control, intro to VEX IQ Highrise
We understand the challenges robotics classrooms face every day in terms of cost, number of robots, batteries, and homework. That is why we created Robot Virtual Worlds (RVW). With RVW, every student can experience the same benefits of learning robots, right on their computer. RVW currently simulates popular real-world VEX, LEGO, and TETRIX robots in a 3D environment; while using the same language, ROBOTC, to program both your virtual robot and your physical robot.
To help you get started and get a better understanding of what RVW can do, we are offering five FREE webinars through Google Hangout with project manager, Jesse Flot, and some members of his team! We will show you a brief tutorial on the specific topic of the day then take a few questions from the Google Hangout chat or on twitter using hashtag #RVWHangout.
Listed below are the specific dates and topics we will be covering …
Free Robot Virtual Worlds Webinars on Google Hangouts
- What is Robot Virtual Worlds?
- Overview of RVW.
- Why RVW?
- Step-by-step tutorial on getting started.
- Additional RVW Resources.
- Using the RVW Curriculum Companion.
- Free ROBOTC Curriculum, including programming challenges.
- Programming challenges, along with the curriculum robots.
- Solve one of the challenges.
- Benefits of using RVW in addition to or in place of real robots.
- Badges with RVW and on CS2N.
- Using the RVW Level Builder with Model Importer
- What is Level Builder and why we made it?
- Sample level.
- Program levels using ROBOTC.
- Share levels with another person.
- Import an object using the Model Importer and include it in the newly created level.
- Gaming Environments with the Robot Virtual Worlds
- Palm Island and Operation Reset.
- Benefits of using the game environments.
- Measurement Toolkit to find distances the robot needs to move.
- Badges with RVW and on CS2N.
- Competition Environments with the Robot Virtual Worlds
- Why do so many teams wait until the last minute to program their robots?
- Autonomous and remote control scoring in the environment.
- Multiplayer features in development.
- CS2N Programming Competition development.