Archive for the ‘VEX Sack Attack’ tag
Attention all VEX teams! We just released a substantial update to this year’s VEX Sack Attack virtual world. Download it here, or on the RVW Level Packs download page. Here’s what’s new:
New Robot: Clawbot
- Clawbot features a 4-wheel, 2-motor drive system, an arm motor, a gripper, and the full array of sensors. Best of all, it’s fully programmable in ROBOTC!
- Additional sample code for Clawbot is installed with the update, and can be downloaded here.
Pre-loads and Automatic Scoring
- Both Gripperbot and Scooperbot can be pre-loaded with a sack! You can control what side the robot starts on, whether it gets a pre-load, and enable the autonomous duration all from the main menu.
- Scoring is fully implemented in this new version.
- Earn normal points from sacks, bonus points from bonus sacks, and even more bonus points from the autonomous bonus and “parking” your robot before time runs out.
- A cool, new timer and scoreboard keeps track of the match in the top-left corner of the window. Compete with your classmates or teammates to see who can get the highest score before time runs out!
- Driver Control loads are also implemented once the autonomous period ends. Introduce them into the playing field by clicking on the green sack icons in the top-right corner.
- Ever wonder why your Ultrasonic sensor “sees” the values that it does? Enable the new Sensor View to see what’s triggering the Ultrasonic sensor and the heading of your compass.
- We’ve improved the robot-sack interaction on all of the robots.
- The lighting and contrast of the game have been enhanced, making it easier to grab and score the sacks.
- Lots of small tweaks and adjustments.
To view the original post for the VEX Sack Attack virtual world (complete with video), visit this link.