Archive for the ‘dGPS’ tag
Dexter Industries has just made it super easy to do this and even more with ROBOTC using their dGPS sensor for the LEGO Mindstorms NXT!
The dGPS Sensor is $105.00 and is available from Dexter Industries.
Note: ROBOTC users can save 10% by typing in “robotcdgps” (without quotes) in the coupon code area at checkout and receive 10% off the price of the dGPS until March 1st, 2011!
Using ROBOTC, the NXT and the dGPS sensor, you can download the included sample program program, drag it all over the earth, and then snap! open the file in Google Earth and see where you went. In five easy steps:
- Download and send the sample program to your NXT.
- Attach the dGPS sensor to sensor port #1 and wait until it gets a signal.
- Start the program and proceed to wander around.
- Stop roaming. Connect your NXT back to your computer and using the NXT’s File Management dialog (Robot – NXT Brick – File Management), download the file “Path.txt” to your desktop.
- Rename the file to “Path.kml”. Double click the file to open with Google Earth and… Voila.
Here’s a short video produced by the guys over at Dexter Industries showing off the cool new technology: