Archive for the ‘Badges’ tag
We’re excited to give you an early look at the newest installment in our Robot Virtual Worlds series, coming out later this month: Atlantis Prime!
Based around the legendary Atlantean civilization, Atlantis Prime is designed to make connections between STEM and computing, while fostering students’ ability to interpret information presented as charts, graphs, maps, word problems, and diagrams. These skills are important to students’ college and career success, and are crucial factors in standardized tests like the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA).
In Atlantis Prime, students experience all their learning activities through an avatar they select. The avatar is a futuristic explorer trapped in the recently discovered remains of the ancient society of Atlantis. Students must make their way through the challenges as they explore what remains and find their way out!
Here’s what teachers are saying about the game:
“I like the use of and interpretation of graphs exercises. I like the way that the complexity builds as you progress through the game. I teach robotics and science at a STEAM middle school. This is a great program that blends science, math, engineering and technology.”- Paul, Fisher Middle School, South Carolina
“While I was playing the game, I had a few 8th graders come in to help me and observe to see if they would be interested in something like this. They thought it was great and would really like to try something like this in their science, math, or computer classes.” – Maureen, Notre Dame Academy, New York
- Challenges based on programming logic, puzzles, and games
- Player Customization and Online Badges
- Instructional CS-STEM assessments with student reports
- Introductory Programming with a drag-and-drop interface and interactive contextual help
- A comprehensive user guide to help you get started in your classroom
Be on the lookout for more info on Atlantis Prime later this month!
Robot Virtual Worlds just released a new video all about the software!! Check it out here:
Already using RVW? What do you think? How do you use this software in your classroom? We’d love to hear your feedback!
We’re happy to announce a big update to the Expedition Atlantis game. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback for the previous versions – keep it coming!
One new feature that we think you’ll appreciate is the ability to create a certificate of the badges that you’ve earned, if you’ve been playing with a CS2N or Local account. It’s a great way to share the progress you’ve made in the game!
Here are some of the other major features and fixes we’ve made based on your feedback:
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the game would freeze after upgrading to Helios II in Poseidon’s Courtyard
- Improved the visibility of the distance and angle values throughout the game, especially in the Heart of Atlantis
- Fixed a bug where the game could crash in VR Training Mode
- Fixed a bug that could cause the game to freeze in the Underwater Base when playing in Custom Difficulty
- Addressed possible issues when switching between difficulty levels while playing the Heart of Atlantis
To catch up on all of the latest Expedition Atlantis information, including the game unveiling and a Google Hangout with the development team, check out our Expedition Atlantis page.