Archive for the ‘Atlantis’ tag
We’re happy to announce that we have a fresh batch of Robot Virtual Worlds updates for you! Read on for more detail.
- We’ve added lots of really cool ocean life to the level, over 20 species of fish. See if you can spot them all! These and other visual elements can be disabled in the Options menu of the splash screen.
- Badges for completing the Ruins of Atlantis path with each robot have been added (See below). Each of the three robots available has different dimensions, so this rewards the student for completing additional math and programming practice.
- We’ve updated our high resolution printable map with valuable information and fun, themed elements.
- A comprehensive teacher’s guide is now included, which covers everything from getting started, programming options available, and how to teach with the tools in the world.
- Operation Reset has been updated to include the latest physics engine.
- A number of small bugs have been resolved. Thanks for the feedback!
The Robot Virtual World team is happy to announce not one, but two early presents for you this years! Get ready for some deep sea robot programming, because we’ve updated both the Ruins of Atlantis and Expedition Atlantis virtual worlds.
Ruins of Atlantis
Robots to the Rescue: Ruins of Atlantis is our underwater programming game. This update brings it up to speed with all of the latest RVW technology, including CS2N Achievements, the Measurement Toolkit, Quality Controls, and more. The audio and visuals of the game have also undergone a major overhaul – check out the slideshow to see just how beautiful the world is!
Expedition Atlantis is our brand new underwater math game, designed to teach and reinforce concepts like proportional reasoning. We are currently in the process of collecting and implementing feedback on the game. This update extends the trial period of the game through July 2014!
Expedition Atlantis can also be downloaded from RobotVirtualWorlds.com or CS2N.org. Any feedback you have regarding the game is highly appreciated! Please share your feedback in this short survey.
We’re excited to announce a huge update to our brand new Expedition Atlantis Virtual World. The update includes nearly 100 fixes and improvements to the deep sea game. For a full overview of the game, check out the original announcement here. And the best news is, Expedition Atlantis is completely free through the end of the year!
If you downloaded and tried out Expedition Atlantis, please take 2-3 minutes and give us your feedback in this survey.