Web-based teacher training where you learn to teach programming and STEM using robotics.
Tuition includes online access to ROBOTC Video Trainer for CORTEX.
This course requires ROBOTC for PIC & Cortex software and a CORTEX robot (not included with tuition.)
Please see Requirements for details.
This course focuses on learning how to program a combination of both the VEX Cortex robots, and how to use robotics as an organizer to teach STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology, and Mathematics) concepts. Included with the course is access to the Robotics Academy’s ROBOTC Video Trainer for Cortex, along with a license to use it in your classroom afterward.
You will also have the opportunity to earn professional development credits and a Certificate of Completion by completing various assignments throughout the course.
- Online access to VEX CORTEX Video Trainer
- Online access to supplemental lessons from other Robotics Academy materials
- Technical support for all hardware and software used in the class
- 24/7 access to class forums and message boards (monitored daily)
- Opportunity for continuing education credit and certificate of completion
February 13th – March 20th, 2014
Thursdays for 6 Weeks
7-9:00pm EST (4-6:00pm PST)
**Note – We will not be offering classes for less than 8 registrants in an online class. If a class does not have enough registrants, we will ask if you would like to join a different session if one is available. We will not send out software or hardware until there are enough registrants in the class. **