Classes are held at the CMU Robotics Academy in Pittsburgh, PA.
All training is conducted at the National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) in Pittsburgh, PA. The NREC is part of the Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute, a world-renowned robotics organization, where you’ll be surrounded by real-world robot research and commercialization. You also can take advantage of Pittsburgh’s attractions, from world-class museums and entertainment, to shopping, excursions, sports, and more.
• Introduction to LEGO TETRIX hardware and the NXT controller
• Introduction to the ROBOTC programming language
• Building and operating your first robot
• Programming with sensors – touch, sound, light, ultrasonic, encoder
• How to incorporate remote control into your programming
• How to program and control the Tetrix DC motor controller
• How to program and control the Tetrix Servo contoller
• Advanced programming concepts – loops, conditional statements, variables
• Advanced sensors – acceleration, color, compass
• Teaching and classroom tools
• Troubleshooting and tips
• Tour of the National Robotics Engineering Center
Register by June 24, 2013!