10 40th Street
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Classes are held at the CMU Robotics Academy in Pittsburgh, PA.
All training is conducted at the National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) in Pittsburgh, PA. The NREC is part of the Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute, a world-renowned robotics organization, where you’ll be surrounded by real-world robot research and commercialization. You also can take advantage of Pittsburgh’s attractions, from world-class museums and entertainment, to shopping, excursions, sports, and more.
• Introduction to the ROBOTC programming language
• How to program in a syntax-based language
• How to break down your robot’s “big” tasks into manageable behaviors
• Using Pseudocode
• How to download the ROBOTC Firmware
• How to download and run programs on your robot
• Basic movement
• Improved movement with the VEX Quadrature Encoders
• Advanced Programming – Loops, Conditional Statements, Functions, Parameters and Variables
• Remote control using the VEX joysticks
• How to assign functions to the joystick buttons
• Additional sensors, including the Ultrasonic Rangefinder, Limit Switch
• How to run your own VEX competition
• Learn how to program and operate the new Cortex system
• Teaching and classroom tools
• Troubleshooting and tips
•Tour of the National Robotics Engineering Center
Register by July 1, 2013!