We’re very excited for our official release update, ROBOTC 4.26!! This update is for the both the VEX Robotics (CORTEX and IQ) and LEGO MINDSTORMS (NXT and EV3) robotics systems.
Some of these new updates include …
- Full EV3 Functionality (Sounds, LCD, LEDs, Sensors, Motors)
- Graphical Language for all platforms (VEX IQ, VEX Cortex – LEGO NXT, LEGO EV3)
- Updated 3rd Party Driver Library for NXT and EV3
- Updated Text Based Natural Language for NXT
- Tons and Tons of Bug Fixes and Enhancements!
ROBOTC 4.25 -> 4.26 Change Log
- Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed Encoder Count Issue with VEX IQ Virtual Worlds – Encoders were not properly adjusting to the 360 count scale and may have caused issues when trying to use multiple “setMotorTarget/moveMotorTarget” commands.
- Fixed Virtual Worlds for VEX Cortex platform – crashes when trying to download to Virtual Worlds with VEX Cortex platform are now resolved.
- VEX IQ
- Support for VEX IQ Brain Firmware Version 1.12
- Increase timeout (4 seconds -> 10 seconds) for downloading over wireless for VEX IQ.
- New VEX IQ Clawbot image for Standard Models
- New Dialog Message for successful VEX IQ Firmware Downloading
- VEX Cortex
- Implemented fix for dual platform users who may experience compiler errors due to “External Motors/Servo Controllers” flag being enabled.
- Check that a valid team number has been set for VEX Cortex Controller. The check is made during user program download when the download type has been set to “Competition”. Teams should set their VEX Team Number to assist with debugging at competition while using VEXNet 2.0 (white) radios.
- LEGO EV3
- Adjust EV3 Standard Model – Motor ports were reversed (left vs right)
- Adjusted all EV3 Graphical Sample Program to reflect new “standard model”
- Support for draw picture (BMP) file on LCD screen. Does not support general BMP files, but rather LEGO specific picture files.
- Fixed an issue where the EV3 “Reset Gyro” command was not properly resetting the Gyro value.
- “getBatteryCurrent” command has been fixed.
- Improved usage of Casper’s “search for devices” so that USB connected EV3 that are disconnected during a ROBOTC session are better handled.
- Crashes to ROBOTC after closing the IDE Editor after communicating with an EV3 have been resolved.
- Virtual Worlds
- Additional Logic to have “TETRIX” based Virtual Worlds appear if the “External Motor/Servo Controller” flag is toggled. Currently they do not appear under any condition.
- Fixed bug hiding “Joystick Control – Basic” for Virtual Worlds users.
- Graphical Interface
- Prevent ‘text’ and ‘graphical’ menus from becoming undocked from the ROBOTC interface – doing so may cause the main ROBOTC interface to become unresponsive.
- Fixed bug where empty parameter values were using the last provided string as opposed to overwriting with “Blank” values – applies for the “MultipleMotor” Graphical commands.
- ROBOTC IDE / General
- Text-Based Function Library will no longer show commands that have been deemed “deprecated”
- Update “Errors” to “Compiler Errors” based on user’s feedback.
- Change compiler “error” to “warning” for assignment of a pointer value to an int without use of a cast.
- Compiler was incorrectly allocating temporary variables during evaluation of “&(NULL)” types of expressions. Fixed.
- Updated Help documentation files.
As always, if you have questions or feedback, feel free to contact at email@example.com or visit our forums! Happy programming!!