UPDATE: Version 1.2.2 of the Ring It Up virtual world is now available, which includes additional starting points and memory management improvements.
We’re happy to announce a MASSIVE update to this year’s virtual world for FTC Ring It Up! Download it here, or on the RVW Level Packs download page. Read on to find out what’s new.
Support for the IR Seeker and IR Beacon
- As the title implies, the IR Seeker and IR Beacon are both emulated in this new version. From the robot selection screen, you can choose whether your want your robot to start with the Compass or IR Seeker.
- The IR Beacon is randomly placed along one of the three columns, just like the real game.
- We’ve even added a cool, new “Sensor View” mode so you can see how the robot is detecting the IR Seeker, Sonar, and Compass values.
- Additional sample programs for using the IR Seeker are also installed with the update, and can be downloaded here.
- Both Scissorbot and Gripperbot can be pre-loaded with a striped ring!
- You can control what side the robot starts on, the color of it’s pre-loaded ring, and enable the autonomous duration all from the main menu.
- Scoring is fully implemented in this new version.
- Concepts like the weighted rings, owning pegs, line score bonuses and corner goal bonuses are all simulated.
- Cool, new timer and scoreboard in the top-left corner of the window. Compete with your classmates or teammates to see who can get the highest score before time runs out!
- We’ve improved the lighting and contrast of the game, making it easier to grab and score the rings.
- Improved robot-to-ring interaction and control.
- Lots of small tweaks and adjustments.
To view the original post for the FTC Ring It Up virtual world (complete with video), visit this link.