Archive for August 1st, 2012
Simon Burfield, a.k.a. Burf has made a super cool model. By model I mean chair and by chair I mean omnidirectional wheelchair. Oh and it’s life-sized, too. Yeah, it is capable of handling no less than 90 kg! I saw a video of an early prototype a few weeks ago but this new one is even better-er!
- It uses 7 Mindstorms bricks. One for controlling and 6 that are used for moving.
- Each driving NXT has two motors attached to it. I presume that a third motor would probably be pushing it when it comes to providing current. It’s not easy to push that much LEGO and human meat around.
- The master NXT has 4 touch sensors connected (forward, back, left and right) and 2 motors to switch on the drive touch sensors.
- It uses Rotacaster’s omniwheels to make it possible to move in any direction (except up, of course).
- It is programmed in ROBOTC (of course)
Here’s one of the videos he made: