Archive for December 22nd, 2011
Good news everyone! I’m excited to let you know that our latest batch of tutorials in the VEX Cortex Video Trainer are available now!
This set of 5 tutorials focuses on the VEX Line Tracking Sensors:
- The Line Tracking Sensors – Introduces the sensors and explains how they work
- Calculating Thresholds – Goes through the process of acquiring sensor values using the ROBOTC Sensor Debug window and calculating a threshold for the robot to distinguish light from dark
- Basic Line Tracking – Opens, explains, and runs a basic line tracking sample program on the robot
- Line Track for Distance – Modifies the sample program to line track for a number of encoder counts
- Optimized Line Tracking – Explains how to modify motor speeds for tracking different types of lines
These tutorials will work with the new VEX Line Tracking Sensors (in the picture above), as well as the slightly larger, previous generation. To view them, open the VEX Cortex Video Trainer and head to the Sensing > Line Tracking section. Be on the look-out for additional programming challenges and activities using the line tracking sensors early next year.
As usual, the VEX Line Tracking Sensors can be purchased at the RobotMatter store. Happy Holidays everyone!