Archive for July 1st, 2010
We have just released another update to ROBOTC for Cortex & PIC. This release is required to use Cortex motor ports 1 or 10. In earlier versions, you may encounter a firmware bug that can cause the motor control circuits to overheat and burn out.
Enhancements in this release include:
- Support for direct wired USB cable between PC and VEX Cortex for downloading user programs and debugging added.
- Support for Debugger “Debug Stream” window added. User programs can easily write (“print”) to a text window on the PC.
- Faster firmware downloading. It now takes just 10 to 15 seconds. User programs download in just one or two seconds.
- Fix control of H-bridges for motors 1 and 10 to prevent “shoot through” and the potential for internal short circuits.
- A few minor bugs fixed in the compiler.